- Arizona politicians intuitively support this, seeing HOA’s as a level of government below municipal. Just listen to one debate on HB2609 - The Harper Amendment
- Even CAI via their long-standing lobbyist, Kevin DeMenna, agrees HOAs are a form of subsidiary government. Click HERE to watch his prior testimony acknowledging this. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
- Don't get distracted that HOAs are corporations so can't be dealt with as governments. Much of US federal, state and local government is conducted through municipal and other corporations, especially for borrowings.
- Legal practitioners, insurers and others will behave differently. The improved ability to recover attorney’s fees under the statute, by GOOD attorneys, and quickly, eventually by malicious law suit damages, will encourage them to the HOA industry. Whereas now, they can only work for those who can afford to lose. And when you hire attorneys, you get what you pay for. If you're forced to pay peanuts. You get monkeys. And the monkeys rule the roost now feeding off HOA moneys.
- Good attorneys might work on a contingency basis for low income groups and it should attract the ACLU.
See also our overall package of LEGISLATIVE PROPOSALS 2017